Monday, June 30, 2025

Artist Prompts for the Major Arcana

For my creative followers! 



Here are some Artist’s Prompts for the Major Arcana — poetic, intuitive invitations to create, reflect, and explore your practice through each archetype.


🎨 Major Arcana Artist Prompts

0. The Fool – The Leap
Create something without planning. Let instinct lead. Collage your chaos. Begin with no end in mind.
✦ Prompt: “What would I make if I wasn’t afraid of looking foolish?”

1. The Magician – The Channel
Use all your tools—pen, pigment, pixels, or voice. Mix mediums. Act like your own muse.
✦ Prompt: “What can I conjure from what I already have?”

2. The High Priestess – The Veil
Create in secrecy. Write or paint something no one will see but you. Explore the hidden.
✦ Prompt: “What truth am I afraid to put into form?”

3. The Empress – The Garden
Make something sensual, soft, indulgent. Let beauty bloom without needing a reason.
✦ Prompt: “What would it look like to create from a place of love, not lack?”

4. The Emperor – The Architect
Design a structure: a grid, a framework, a system for your creativity.
✦ Prompt: “Where do I need form to support my freedom?”

5. The Hierophant – The Key
Translate a personal ritual into visual language. Honor what has been passed down to you.
✦ Prompt: “What tradition am I upholding—and do I still believe in it?”

6. The Lovers – The Mirror
Make something about duality, connection, or choosing between paths.
✦ Prompt: “What part of me do I see reflected in someone else?”

7. The Chariot – The Drive
Create something fast. Limit your time and commit. Let momentum carry you.
✦ Prompt: “Where am I headed—and am I choosing the direction, or being pulled?”

8. Strength – The Quiet Lion
Make something soft and strong. Use vulnerability as your material.
✦ Prompt: “How can I meet my creative resistance with compassion, not control?”

9. The Hermit – The Lantern
Create in solitude. Journal, sketch, wander inward.
✦ Prompt: “What wisdom lives in my silence?”

10. Wheel of Fortune – The Spin
Try something you’ve never tried before. Let chance shape your art.
✦ Prompt: “What happens when I let go of control?”

11. Justice – The Blade
Create something that tells the truth. Use your art to weigh the scales.
✦ Prompt: “What truth have I been avoiding?”

12. The Hanged Man – The Suspension
Flip your perspective. Paint with your non-dominant hand. Write upside down. Surrender.
✦ Prompt: “What do I see differently when I stop trying to fix it?”

13. Death – The Door
Destroy something you love, then rebuild from its ashes.
✦ Prompt: “What am I afraid to let go of creatively?”

14. Temperance – The Alchemy
Blend two unlike things into one. Water and fire. Grief and grace.
✦ Prompt: “Where can I mix instead of choose?”

15. The Devil – The Chain
Create about obsession, temptation, or control. Explore the beautiful trap.
✦ Prompt: “What am I tethered to—and what would freedom look like?”

16. The Tower – The Lightning
Depict collapse. Express the moment everything changed.
✦ Prompt: “What has fallen apart so something truer could rise?”

17. The Star – The Blessing
Make something hopeful, subtle, luminous. Let it be a wish whispered in form.
✦ Prompt: “What keeps glowing even in the dark?”

18. The Moon – The Dream
Draw from dreams, illusions, and half-truths. Embrace mystery.
✦ Prompt: “What part of me still hides in the fog?”

19. The Sun – The Radiance
Create with full joy. Don’t edit. Don’t doubt. Shine.
✦ Prompt: “What does uninhibited expression feel like in my body?”

20. Judgement – The Call
Return to a forgotten project or idea. Reawaken it.
✦ Prompt: “What part of me is asking to be reborn?”

21. The World – The Spiral
Make something that feels like closure—or a beginning disguised as an ending.
✦ Prompt: “What wholeness have I earned?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hanged Man and the Art of Being Stuck

There is something strangely appropriate about working on The Hanged Man in October. Old version October has always seemed like ...